3/28/2013

The Bonnet

Last week I figured I better try a few things on Rhodes to make sure they fit for Easter Sunday.  Our church isn't real dressy so it really doesn't matter.  God sure doesn't care what we have on.  But I care if it at least fits!  I had a sweet little outfit I had planned on him wearing, it was either Ryder's or I bought it consignment somewhere, can't remember, but it's 9 months.  It wouldn't snap at the bottom.  So I pulled out something else, again, not sure where it came from, I'm sure I bought it consignment along the way.  It was a fitter.  Preciousness.

I might buy my boys something nice and new, but it's very, very rare.  To be honest, I think I'm being a poor steward of my money to buy my children an outfit for $70 each.  Have I done it before?  Yes.  Will I ever do it again?  Maybe, but probably not.  I do not care what other people do, but this is just my opinion.  I have two boys and they are just precious in their hand-me-downs and sweet and soft little tshirts and shorts that get all dirty and muddy, that's what little boys are made for, right?

Moving on...

The cool weather this past week has gotten Ryder interested in his "hoods"




I normally feed Rhodes his real food sitting down on the floor.  He gets so distracted these days.  Here is one of our latest feeding sessions.  He'll just completely forget about me and look to see what his big brother is doing.

Finally I gave up and let Ryder have a go at it.


Bless this baby.  I picked him up from school and he was so proud to show me which finger was the longest!!!

I didn't have the heart to tell him not to do that anymore...

Cheeeeeeeeese!!!

 Afro-Man

We had dinner at the pizza place and Rhodes is wondering where his slice is.

Ryder put this hat on Rhodes and immediately said "Now that's what I call a stud!"

Little angel sharing my seat during our morning ritual (Ryder-ipad / mom-bible study)

Ryder's perfect morning face, love that wake-up smile :)

Ryder has moved his bedtime beyond our control.  We try to put him down around 8.  We cannot force him to fall asleep.  He will literally sit in his bed for 2 hours and then he'll creep in our room and I can tell by his eyes that he hasn't slept a wink.  He'll say that he just can't fall asleep, that his eyes won't close.  I don't know what else to do.  When I walk him back to his room I'll find his pillow and stuffed animals laying in the middle of the hallway and I'll know he's probably been laying there for a while.  It's so sad :(  Needless to say, he sleeps super late in the mornings, like sometimes until 9 a.m.  This gives me and Rhodes some quality time.  This particular morning I really needed to enjoy my coffee and Rhodes was into TV which is rare.  It was a glorious 10 minutes!!!


Monday night Ryder had tball practice.  It was freezing that night, as in 40 something degrees and super high winds.  I got my mom and George to watch Rhodes so he wouldn't have to be in that weather.  They took him over to visit his cousins Sellers and Anna Love.

Ryder's braving the weather waiting his turn to hit!

Not sure having dad as a coach is a good thing or a bad thing...  I do know Ryder's proud though!

I bought an easter egg coloring kit.  I've never boiled an egg before,  I don't eat boiled eggs.  Eww.  Well I had to boil these eggs so I just kind of plopped them down in the pot.  Why didn't anyone tell me to do it softly?  We had to make an emergency call to daddy to tell him to bring us some more eggs during his lunch break.

 He's the best.  He stayed all through lunch helping us die our easter eggs, I obviously failed at this project.


Wednesday is my busy day where my mom keeps the kids.  When I went to pick Ryder up at 5:00 p.m. he was still napping!!!  My mom has plenty of beds, but he prefers this little twin mattress that she has and he loves to sleep on it on the floor.

We played dress up today with Rhodes' baby dedication outfit.  Nanni got it for him awhile back when we thought dedication would be a long time ago but it was pushed back to April so I wanted it to make sure it would fit.  I thought I would also put on the bonnet that went along with it for kicks.

He thought that bonnet was hilarious.

Don't worry, we thought it was quite humorous too.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on the clothing situation. Love consignment and hand me downs!! Your boys always look precious. And I CANNOT boil an egg to save my life!

    ReplyDelete