1/09/2013

The Liberry

Rhodes really cracks me up.

We were trying to enjoy a nice family game of Candyland.  Ryder was winning and then he picked a cupcake, which meant he had to slide back down to the bottom of the board and pretty much start all the way over.

Ryder is wired in such a way that if he doesn't win, it's game over.  If we are playing a game and it's nearing the end and it's obvious he's not going to win, he says he doesn't want to play anymore.  He full out pitches a fit if he doesn't win.  Basically, he's a sore loser and I'm trying my best to help him understand that it's okay to lose as long as we try our best doing it.

Meanwhile, this little guy doesn't care if he wins or loses, as long as he gets to play.

Sunday we had a going away party for our children's minister, Lyndsey, at church.  After Ryder finished his entire plate of brownies, cookies and animal crackers with icing dip, he had the nerve to ask for dessert!!!  Ryder wants dessert after breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack time.  It's getting a little absurd.  I'm trying to break this habit as well.

Ryder was yelling at me to come in and take his picture.  He said he was a king on his throne.

Typical Saturday morning.  Hungry Hungry Hippos...

And blueberry muffins.  This perfectionist wanted to help pour the mix into the muffin tin.  I messed up by saying I was going to wipe off the extra that was smeared on top of the pan.   He completely freaked out because he "did it wrong."  Seriously.  He's so OCD.

Speaking of blueberries.  Ryder's class took a field trip to the library Wednesday.  I was asking him about the adventure.  He told me that he went to the liBRARY, not the liBERRY.  He said, "Mom, it's called library, not liberry like strawberry or blueberry.  But library, like brary."  I guess I'm glad he can pronounce it correctly.

Precious brothers.  Ryder is SO proud when he makes Rhodes laugh.

Since Ryder loves to take pictures now, I thought I would let him document trip #1 to the car before taking them to school.  I wanted to show dear ole' dad why sometimes on his way out the door I appreciate him dropping a few things off at my car for me.

That nice big blue and white bag has my workout clothes in it.  I decided to start taking it to work again after a conversation John Michael and I had over the weekend.

John Michael:  I was thinking about taking a long weekend beach trip this month.
Brittany:  Noooo, I won't be able to wear a bathing suit by January!
JM: True.
Brittany: Really?  That's mean.
JM:  How is that mean?
Brittany:  You could at least pretend I'll be able to pull off a bathing suit.
JM:  NO I'm talking about because it's too cold to wear a bathing suit.

I'll just choose to believe that's what he meant.    :/

Anyway, I was doing so good running at least 3 days a week.  And then Thanksgiving week hit and running was no more.  While I don't make new year's resolutions, I did "coincidentally" decide to start running again after the first of the year.  My biggest problem with running outside during the winter months is my ears feel like somebody is drilling a hole in them when I run in the cold.  So Monday during my lunch break I went to get one of those ear/headband things.  The only one they had was this nice camouflage number.  At least the camo print is towards the back.  Before I hit the road I sent JM a pic with #beachreadybyjanuary (add a big HA to that).

Early Tuesday morning we got the call that our concrete was being poured.  John Michael drove out there not one, not two, not three, but FOUR times on Tuesday.  This could make for a very expensive 4 to 5 months of gas bills...


Post sugery update - in case anybody was wondering - I went for my post surgery follow up and 4 of the 5 moles came back normal, and one did come back precancerous.  It was one of the two that were removed from my stomach.  I don't believe in coincidences, and I consider it a blessing I was pregnant this past summer.  I can't help but wonder if over the summer that mole could've gotten worse if I had not been pregnant.  Because I would've been laying out all summer in a two piece with my stomach completely exposed.  But since I was pregnant, for one I didn't lay out as much and two when we went to the beach for a week I wore a tankini type bathing suit that covered the big baby belly.  More than likely it would not have turned into cancer just over one summer, but you never know.  And I just believe the good Lord times our life circumstances perfectly :)

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that Eliott and I look forward to reading your blog. You are hilarious. Thanks for the laughs in Australia! Tell JM we said holla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post cracked me up!! The muffin picture especially. The Ryder stories are the best!

    ReplyDelete