And We're Out

Wasn't real sure this was going to happen...

There were a few issues with the buyer and we didn't get to close when we were supposed to.  So we just kind of figured things weren't going to work out and we were going to be back at square one.  Well, clearly things did work out and we closed 2 weeks after all that went down.  

Of course I was a little sad moving, mainly because this is where we brought both of our babies home.  But we are looking forward to creating new memories!

Taking an intense bike ride

You know my little helper wasn't far away when he heard Rhodes' bath water turn on.

A few days before we moved our neighborhood had it's Neighborhood Night Out.  Glad we were able to enjoy one last little shin dig.

What we miss most about living there!

What Ryder misses most.

Ryder mentioned he needed to use the bathroom while we were there.  We told him we were about to leave and asked if he could wait until we got home.  We found that he took matters into his own hands.

This one is growing like a weed.  No more 0-3 month clothes, some 3-6 still work, but mostly 6 month (pj's, not nice stuff).

Doing a little work.

I had lunch with my wonderful Sunday School class from high school.  Franziska, the girl in the middle, was an exchange student from Germany and was a part of our sunday school class when we were in high school and she came back for our 10 year high school reunion.  She now lives in Sweden.  It was great to catch up with her and everyone else!

Night one in the new digs, pallet style. (Bed wasn't here yet).

After an busy busy day, everybody needed a break from moving.

Rhodes wasn't interested in the movie.

Poor little brother, already getting picked on by big brother.

Sunday morning JM had to be at church early and I had to be there at 9:30.  This really wouldn't be a big deal but the hardest part was getting them both out the door and into the car.  Since we don't have a garage and now have to park in a large parking lot, I can't load up one kid and run back inside to get the other one like we did at the house.  So since I have lots of belongings I have to carry everywhere we go, along with what feels like 50 pounds on my arm (the carrier), things can be a little iffy.  I asked my helper if he would carry my purse and Rhodes bag.

He was complaining that it was too heavy but I just told him to keep coming.

Halfway to the car I turned around to make sure he was still behind me and I saw that he was short a purse.  He dropped it in the middle of the street.

Rhodes got to help me do check-in at church.

Lyndsey got some squeezes from Rhodes.

Ryder had his 3 year old check up yesterday.  He weighs 32 lb and is in the 75th percentile in weight, can't remember his height, I think she said 37.5", but he's in the 50th percentile there.  After she took his blood pressure (I didn't know they did that this young), she said he had to go pee in a cup.  I wasn't sure how that was going go work.  He just thought it was funny, and he did it right away.  I was afraid we'd be in that bathroom for an hour.

If your child isn't 3 yet, just so you know, they asked these 3 questions at the appointment, which I thought were super random:   

  • Do you know your letters?
  • Can you jump?
  • Can you jump on one foot? Now that one got him.  Wish I had a video of him attempting to hop on one foot around the office.  We've never practiced that...
The nurse brought him a sticker but he told her that wasn't enough stickers.

Since I've been on maternity leave, I've kept Ryder home a lot.  If he does go to school, I usually pick him up around 3 (after he wakes up from nap and gets his snack).  On the days I keep him home I try to do at least one learning activity.  My dad got him these preschool workbooks that have been great and that was our activity for today.  This particular page had him tracing words, he's a little shaky on it, but getting better each time!

No comments:

Post a Comment