11/04/2010

What's So Funny?

We took Ryder to the doctor Friday before we left for Starkville because he just could not shake his cold, and I was worried about having him outside all day at the tailgate.  Come to find out, he had an ear infection... was not expecting that.  I hadn't noticed him pull on his ear at all, and he never had a fever.  But nonetheless, we got the antibiotics and the okay from the doctor, and headed to Starkville. 

While we were at the doctor, we got Ryder's height and weight:
Height: 30 1/2 in
Weight: 23.1 lb
Not sure where this is percentile wise, I forgot to ask.  But I'll get all that at his 15 month checkup, which is coming up next month...believe it or not.

We stayed with friends on Friday night and I guess Ryder couldn't get used to a different crib, so the little booger slept with us.  It was the first time he had ever slept in the bed with us and although I barely slept a wink, it was sweet!  He's quite the kicker, however.  The next morning, he didn't take a nap before the tailgate, so our morning started out like this:

Luckily, our #1 tailgate babysitter was there to help, and cheer him up

He got lots of compliments on his precious outfit

And he got to visit with mommy's friends

But he spent most of his time digging sticks into the ground and throwing dirt.

Don't you love his jacket?  It was JM's as a little one.

Sweetest boy I know

Day 2 of the weekend we had a Halloween get together.  Ryder missed his nap on this day as well.  It was lovely.

He found some riding materials, which kept his attention for a while.

He even sat with me for more than 15 seconds

After a long, event-filled weekend with NOT ONE nap, here is how we ended Sunday night.
If you know Ryder, you know he has never EVER been asleep anywhere but his crib (or carseat) because he is just too busy to even think about falling asleep.  JM and I were like, so this is what it's like to have a baby who actually falls asleep without being put to sleep.

---------------

Monday night my dad and Kayla came over and kept Ryder while JM and I went to small group.  They took him on an outing to Chick-Fil-A and he wore them out in the play room.  Since his newest thrill is climbing up and down the stairs, this was probably the best time of his career!

Speaking of small group, the ladies asked for the recipe for my party ham rolls.

PARTY HAM ROLLS

2 packages of the 24 count Kings Hawaiian rolls
1/2 cup butter (one stick)
2 tablespoons grey poupon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons poppy seed
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 lb thinly sliced Boars Head Black Forest Ham
6 oz shredded Swiss Cheese

Melt butter; add mustard, poppy seed, onion and Worcestershire sauce and mix.  Without separating rolls, slice them horizontally.  Spread both sides evenly with butter mixture.  Fill evenly with ham and cheese.  Wrap each package tightly in foil.  Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.

------------

This morning I discovered on the kitchen counter Ryder's ear infection medicine.  I forgot to put it in the fridge last night so I just threw it out to be cautious.  This morning I called the doctor to get another bottle.  First, when the receptionist asked what my call was about, and I told her, she laughed at me like it was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard.  Then, when the nurse called me back, she did the same thing.  Is this not a common occourence?  Finally, I said "What's so funny?"  She said "oh nothing honey, I've got it called in for you (still snickering)."  And by the way, when I got home from picking up the prescription and was getting ready to put it in the fridge, the name on it was Jarius Mitchell.  It's always something...
Speaking of awkward phone conversations... I had a lady call my office yesterday (day after the election, mind you) and she said, "Yeah, I needs to speak wit da democratic."  I replied (while wondering why she felt the need to call the chamber of commerce for this), "What do you mean, the democratic?"  She said, "My friend said there is a office for only democratic and I DO NOT wona speak no replubic, I wone speak to da democratic."  I kindly told her that yes, I would find her a number for a democratic (said it just like that) and I just skimmed through a list of people in the government section of the phone book who are in office and picked a democrat's number and gave it to her.  Sure hope she got the democratic she was looking for.  SPARE ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment