10/08/2013

If I can do it, You can do it

EIGHT CROCKPOT FREEZER MEALS

Last night I couldn't sleep and was looking on Pinterest for ways to decorate my back porch.  I particularly searched for different kind of plants you can plant this time of year.  I desperately wish I had a green thumb, but I don't.  So I got overwhelmed and since that's what my husband enjoys doing, I moved on.  Then I came across crockpot meals you can freeze and I thought, ahhh-ha!  Now this, I can do.  At this point it was midnight and my eyelids were getting heavy but once I have something in mind, I have to finish.  So I got up, grabbed a notepad, and wrote down four pages of recipes.

Since Tuesdays are my only "me" days, I knew I was going to have to knock it out today or it would bug me all week until next Tuesday.  So this morning after I dropped the boys off I hit the grocery store.  An hour later I was home, goodies unloaded and ready to roll.



It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes and I made seven meals.  I didn't make the eighth one because I forgot I needed to brown my hamburger meat first and I didn't have any thawed out.

So, on the menu:

Chicken Cacciatore, French Dip Sandwiches, BBQ Spare Ribs, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, Cilantro Lime Chicken with Corn and Black Beans, Beef Stew and Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken.  I am also going to make the sides she suggested, but none of them were make-ahead so I'll just prepare those when the time comes.  Each freezer meal needs to be pulled out of the freezer 24 hours before you plan to put it in the crockpot.

I found the recipes on the Six Sister's Stuff website, you can click HERE to find the link!

Who wants to come over for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment