12/28/2012

A Pop Tart Beard

We started out Christmas week at the plastic surgeons office on Thursday.  Early Christmas present to me! 
Ha, just kidding, nothing too exciting happened there.  Had some skin lesions (moles) removed that the doctor had a small concern about.  But he thinks they are fine, I'll find out in a week.  I was put to sleep to have the procedure done.  However, that didn't stop me from getting last minute shopping done that afternoon.  I was still in and out the whole way home and once I got home JM ordered me to go to sleep.  As soon as he left to go back to work I left to go shopping.  I know I probably should've stayed off the road but I was feeling fine!  I didn't leave town at least...

Saturday morning while John Michael was hunting, Kayla came over to bring Ryder and Rhodes their Christmas presents.  And we did a little wedding planning.

The beautiful weather Saturday afternoon took us straight to the park.  I am at my wits end with this apartment, but every now and then I see a positive, such as walking to the "neighborhood park".

Your day is coming little brother.

Christmas Sunday

Sunday afternoon, Christmas at mom and George's


Santa Sellers and his elves passed out the presents.



Christmas Eve lunch was spent at my grandmother's in Greenville.

My sweet Micki and Rhodes

Christmas Eve night we followed through with our tradition, dinner at Applebee's. If you are a waiter you better hope you get JM's table at Christmas time.  He's quite the gracious soul.  Then we rode around looking at Christmas lights.  When we got home we watched Christmas movies, prepared milk and cookies for Santa, and threw out reindeer food.

I told Ryder to set his milk and cookies on the coffee table.  He had a fit.  He was worried Santa would miss it.

So he put it in the fireplace instead.  Unfortunately our cute Christmas dishes are in storage so we settled for a styrofoam plate and an old coffee mug.  Santa doesn't judge.

Santa left a note written specially for the boys telling them to put on their Christmas pj's before they open presents.  And that the elves made these themselves at the North Pole.  Ryder wasn't buying it.  He said he was not wearing pj's with buttons on them because they are scratchy and pokey.

Mommy and Rhodes, my baby Christmas angel.  Can you see the gingerbread man hanging from the tree?  I was so thrilled on Friday when Ryder came home with a bag full of Christmas stuff he made at school, including an angel that I let serve as our tree topper.  His crafts were a wonderful addition to our tree since we only had two lonely souls hanging there.

The first thing Ryder opened was a book.  Are you even surprised that he wanted to read his entire book before opening more gifts?

My ecstatic children...
After presents, we loaded up and drove to Vaughan.  It was nasty weather, but we made it safe and sound and enjoyed a cozy day inside.

Ryder is proud of his new homework desk.


He is also loving sleeping with his life-size dinosaur.



Rhodes didn't know what to do with all his new toys.  Clearly he's been missing out.  He was going to town with all his new stuff.  I think we've been depriving and underestimating him on what all 5 month olds can really do!

Wilson boys

I just wanted a decent picture of my children under the Christmas tree.  Sue me.

This was his face when I told him if he quit crying he could have a piece of candy.

Rhodes was just enjoying the scenery.

Resting during the storm.

Rhodes was conked out.

Granddaddy, Ryder and T were cozy as can be.

Their school was closed the day after Christmas so I took off work.  Darn :)  We stayed in pj's all day long and snuggled and watched Rio and Horton Hears a Who.

Both boys dirtied their clothes, so we changed into more pjs, and snuggled some more.


Big boy is learning to hold his own bottle.  Only when it's halfway empty though and gets a little lighter.

Ryder's all time favorite game is hide and seek.  He thought he found the best hiding spot of all.  "You can't find me!!!"

Little Picasso did wonders with his bathtub crayons. 

Wednesday afternoon I started feeling bad.  Achy, coughing, etc. and thought it might be the flu since John Michael had it last week.  Thursday morning I went to the doctor.  When I told them I had flu symptoms they asked me to wear a mask in the waiting room.  Can you say EMBARRASSING?  Not to mention I was burning up behind that thing.  Geez and it wasn't even the flu.  What a waste!

I've been practicing some sitting up skills with Rhodes.  I'm not sure he's ready...

This morning Ryder was enjoying his pop tart.  Then he put it up to his chin and said he had a pop tart beard.  The imaginations of children are precious.

1 comment:

  1. Don't even know where to begin with this post. Hilarious! But I do hope all is well with your results. Looks like a very merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete