6/28/2012

Fork Lift

Thursday afternoon we took Ryder out to watch our little Ketchum friends play in the baseball state championship. 

He had a big time with Reese.

Traditional Saturday morning blueberry muffins.


Saturday, Mandy invited all the girls and kiddos out to swim.

Ashlea and little Sofie

Courtney taking a break after Ryder dragged her all over the pool to play!

Mandy entertaining the boys

Snack time for Ryder and Levi


New mommy Kristen - being shy...
Can we all look like Kristen 6 weeks after giving birth?

Look at sweet Sofie!

Heading out for Anniversary Dinner
Apparently, pregnancy has turned me into a major log-sawer.  John Michael has mentioned several times over the past couple weeks that I have been snoring so loud it wakes him up.  As you know, pregnant people are not supposed to sleep on their back, but sometimes in my sleep I do wind up on my back, therefore causing very abrupt snores.  Saturday night I was sleeping very peacefully, and I heard my name a few times.  I woke up to JM looking over me and asking, "BRITTANY - Are you alright?"  I'm like, "Yeah.... why, what did I do?"  He started to reinact what he heard from me (it was quite funny).  Then he continued to tell me that he thought I was dying.  I replied, "Well if you hear me snoring like that, and you see that I am on my back, just roll me over to my side."  His response: "I don't have a fork lift."

I can take the jabs, they really don't offend me.  I mean, I am up 30 lbs, what can I say?

-----------------

John Michael really enjoys golf.  He looks forward to the day he and Ryder (and Rhodes) can set off for the golf course and spend the day together.  He bought Ryder his first golf club, like a real one.  Both of them feel pretty good about this.



Sunday night we cooked out with Nanni and Grandaddy and ate some watermelon too.  Also, Nanni picked up my fabric and cushions for the glider for the nursery and after I get that back, I think everything will be done!


 

I have started packing bags.  My bag, Rhodes' bag, and Ryder's bag.  I was considering letting myself just go into labor this time, but after reading Jill's baby story, I've decided I think I'll get induced again.  I can't risk getting to 10 cm with no epidural!  (Thanks for the heads up Jill).  So if everything goes as planned and I've progressed enough, I'll probably be having a baby in about 3 weeks.  I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and am 1 cm, so, I guess that's considered progress.

Pinterest Breakfast Night

Here is a super yum and easy breakfast recipe that we had for dinner last night. Ryder and I reheated and ate again for breakfast this morning.  We just added bacon to the side for a little bit of a salty taste.  I halfed the french toast recipe, FYI.

Cinnamon Roll French Toast

Ingredients1/4 cup melted butter
2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
5 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup maple syrup

Topping
Icing from cinnamon rolls
Powdered sugar
Maple syrup, if desired

DirectionsMelt butter and pour on ungreased 13×9 inch glass dish. Separate cans of dough into 16 rolls reserving the icing for later use. Cut each roll into 8 pieces and add to buttered baking dish.
Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add cream, cinnamon and vanilla and beat until well blended. Pour over cut pieces of cinnamon roll pieces.
Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle 3/4 cup syrup over the top. Bake at 375 for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
Remove the covers from icing and microwave on medium or 50% power for 10 to 15 seconds. (Should be thin enough to drizzle.) Drizzle icing over the top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup if desired. Yum!

Quick Summer Fruit Salad

1 (5.1 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits with juice
1 lb. fresh strawberries, quartered
1 cup fresh blueberries
3 bananas, sliced

In a bowl combine the pudding mix and canned pineapple with the juice. Stir until well blended and all the pudding mixture has dissolved.
Fold in the strawberries and blueberries if desired. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Just before serving, fold in the sliced bananas.

1 comment:

  1. There is no shame in pregnancy weight gain! I too have hit the 30 lb mark. Ain't it grand?? ;) Kyle has used similar expressions lately, as well. These men...

    ReplyDelete