6/15/2012

3 Little Monkeys

Let's see, this past weekend we celebrated Sellers' third birthday.  Ryder does love to play with his cousins.

3 little monkeys jumpin on the bed...

And one DID fall off.

----------------

If you remember, we put our house on the market in December, right after I found out I was pregnant, and then in March we found out we were having another boy.  Since I didn't know if we'd be in our current house, a rental house, or our new house when the baby got here, I just decided to use the same nursery stuff we used for Ryder until we got settled in a new house. 

Well, I think I knew all along there was no way I was going to be able to do that.  So, I had the bright idea on Friday (6 weeks before my due date) that I am totally re-doing the nursery.  The light bulb went off Friday morning at work, and here we are 7 days later and JM has already painted the crib, two dressers, a tall cabinet, and in the process of painting the glider.  I've bought fabric for curtains and I have bedding that was given to me by a cousin of mine.  I am looking for new fabric for the glider now.  And working on a pinterest artwork project.  Nothing is put together, everything is in the garage being painted or drying.  The room is a disaster.  I had already washed all baby clothes 0-12 months and had them in drawers.  They are now all scattered all over the room.  It's just insane.  But I'm nesting like no other, so I have to get this done before I go looney.

But let me really brag on my husband for a minute.  I was seriously nervous telling him I wanted to make this change.  I expected him to huff and puff and be totally against it.  But he has been so great, I'm not sure he's complained once.  Even when he came in from spray-painting the crib, looked in the mirror, and saw that all his nose hairs were painted white.  He's been coming home from working nearly 12 hour days, eating a quick bite and sitting in the hot garage painting furniture. He's the best!

Changing everything from black to white.  Ryder wanted to help SO bad.  Bless his heart, he loves a project.

I got Ryder this nap pillow for school, he feels big time having a pillow with "his very own name on it"


 Strolling around our olde towne market

Water Day at school

I have noticed since Ryder has started in his new class he has come home with lots of funny things that I know he's had to have learned at school.  For one, when we read books at night, he always goes to the first page and says, "Mommy, this is the title page."

Then, we were playing outside and Ryder starting collecting things from around the house and yard.  He said he was packing for "grandma's house."  We've never called anybody grandma, I've probably never even used that name.  So I think they must've talked about grandma's house at school.  Then, when JM got home from work, Ryder ran up to him and asked him if we could eat dinner outside "at grandma's house."

On to pregnancy news...

I am at the point of experimenting when it comes to what I'm going to wear to work.  This particular morning I pulled out a dress that looked quite roomy, I remembered it being pretty flowy when I wore it to that wedding back in 2007...

Yeah, not so much.  This beauty normally comes right above the knee.

I love to walk out in things that are hideously tight and short and act like that's what I'm going to wear to work that day to get JM's reaction.  I always get a double take.  Then it takes him a minute to say anything.  Then, when he can't resist any longer, he'll ask, "You're not wearing that are you?"

I am 34 weeks. Feeling fine, just always hot. I freeze JM out at night. Rhodes is so active, much more than I remember with Ryder. He's constantly moving around and I love it.

34 weeks

I think Rhodes is going to be very large.  Everybody, and I mean everybody who sees me and doesn't know me, assumes I'll be delivering any day now.  When I tell them I have 6 more weeks, they think I'm lying.  Ryder was 8lb and a week early, and I've heard the second baby is usually bigger.  We shall see.

Wednesday night our good friends, Jeremy and Allyn Ann came to visit.  They moved out to Orange County, CA a few years back and are home visiting.  Allyn Ann has a sweet baby girl, George Claire, due in September!  They were so sweet not to forget big brother Ryder when bringing Rhodes' present over.

Ryder is absolutely in love with Chick-fil-a.  He asks to eat there every meal.  He even knows they are closed on Sunday, except he calls it "shut."  He will say, "Is chick-fil-a shut today?"  Well when we told him Jeremy and Allyn Ann own their very own chick-fil-a in California, plus, live right down the road from Disney Land, he was sold on them!  And he is really to hop a plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment