2/23/2012

Toilet Talk

Most of you moms get to post your children's pictures of their first haircut before they turn one.  But all of you have more than likely posted a picture of your child with his/her first haircut before they are at LEAST two.  Well here we are almost halfway to three, and a haircut is nowhere in our near future (bless this baby in my belly if it's a girl......)

But the "first" I CAN post is a picture of Ryder's first time at the dentist!

He was an angel!  He didn't cry one bit, much less wimper.  He was so into her tools and the light and then she asked, "Do you want strawberry, grape or bubblegum?"  He said, ummmm I want strawberry!  So then she got finished brushing his teeth with strawberry toothpaste and he kept asking where his strawberry was.  He wanted some fruit!

His sweet hygenist, Lindsey


We practiced our "AAAHHHHHHHH" the night before

When he was done, he got to dig through the treat box (probably the same box I went through when I used to go to the same dentist office).

They were cracking up at him and how he was so into brushing his teeth.

Susan, or Dr. Fortenberry counting his teeth, he's got 20!

Our nightly routine usually concludes with Ryder sitting on the toilet for a good 15 minutes.  He makes me sit in the hallway in his timeout chair and talk to him while he sits.  My sister was over last night and we were listening to him talk about the random variety of things he brings up each night.  She told me I should get the video camera, so I ran and got it and captured just a little bit of our conversation.  He's always got the most strange topics to discuss with me.  This is 3+ minutes and will probably only be interesting to grandparents, so grandparents, this is for you!

---------------

This is way off subject and a super weird comment below, but I've always wondered if I was the only one with this problem, now I know I'm not!

I noticed in my last pregnancy that I would get these sharp pains in my side that felt like a "stitch" that you get when you go running.  I blew it off because it would go away quickly.  I've been noticing it again this pregnancy when I get up too fast, roll over too fast, etc.  I was at my monthly appointment last week and asked my doctor about it.  I had been just blabbing away trying to explain it, halfway feeling like she would think I was crazy.  Then she just says, "Yeah, that's round ligament pain."  Thank you Jesus, I have an answer!  I looked it up online and found the description, it fits perfectly:
Round ligament pain generally refers to a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache that pregnant women commonly feel in the lower abdomen or groin, starting in the second trimester.  You may feel round ligament pain as a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting out of bed or out of a chair or when you cough, or roll over in bed.


I couldn't have defined it better myself, you stink round ligament pain!


----------------


The countdown is on, one week from today we'll know if we are having a boy or a girl!  I have zero feeling of what it is, and I have zero preference, it would be wonderful to have another little boy because I LOVE my boy and Ryder would have a little brother, and it would be wonderful to have a girl because one of each is complete.  Of course I want a healthy baby and that is ALL I care about and pray for.

No comments:

Post a Comment