7/18/2011

Trip to NOLA

First of all, today is the birthday of someone very very very special to me, my MOM!!!  I love my mom soooo much and am so happy I live close to her and was able to see her on her birthday today!  Her only wish was that she got to see Ryder, well that wasn't too hard.  Happy Birthday mama! 

-----------------

Last weekend John Michael and I took a weekend getaway to New Orleans.  JM enjoyed the famous BBQ Shrimp from Pascal's Manale.

Waiting for the cab

JM reunited with his wacko college friends.  I have to say this is the most rambunctious group I know.  But these guys are full blooded Cajuns, I guess I have to give it to them. 

We went to Lucy's, more of a "local's" spot, and there I met Ben C. from this season of the Bachelorette!

The next day we met up with the rest of the group. 

By the way, here we are on this same trip three summers ago!

Group shot 2011
And group shot 2008:

Alot has changed since we took this same group trip 3 years ago  We now have an almost two year old, Jan and Payton have almost two year twins, and Kristin and Craig have an almost two year old and a little baby girl.  All of our boys are only a couple weeks a part, so fun!

Out to dinner at EAT

Ole MC football gang


As soon as we got home we picked up right where we left off.  Crazy child carried his 4 wheeler all the way to his pool, threw it in, hopped on and started jumping up and down while on the seat yelling "Ride the hawsie, Ride the hawsie" over and over and over and over.

Just a reminder: Use your swim diaper.

And don't set crayons down on your child's table that is located against a wall.

After his little "love pat", he told the wall he was sorry and gave it kisses, seriously.

Then he heard the garage open (daddy's home).  If he hears an unexpected noise he'll put that hand up to his ear and say "isten" (listen).

Ryder's beloved Chick-fil-A cow head.  It's constantly, "MY TOW, MY TOW" (cow)

Coloring time.

Ryder does love a backpack.

 He's literally running from the camera - HATES IT.  He's now stuck between the chair and the brick wall trying to hide.  I said I'll give you a cookie and that's how I got him to look my way.  He didn't forget it either.

I picked up these handy number magnets from Target the other day along with alphabet magnets, which I haven't opened yet after I saw the disaster that the numbers make.  Ryder very much surprised me when he was putting up each number and stating what they were, from 1 to 9.  He's been counting for a while (to twenty!) but I had no clue that visually he knew what the numbers were.
By the way, this will hopefully be the last time you see our oldie appliances in the background of pictures.  Our dishwasher broke and we said what the heck, time for a full update.  The appliances do all have to match, right?  I thought so too.

Ryder was quite patient while we browsed.
I wasn't too keen on him laying on that nappy bed that who knows who has tested out, but all you parents know, you just gotta do what you just gotta do...

He let us have it when we got home though!

Look at that bruise.


And I'll leave you with this... I wonder how my child picks up on the things he does.  Everyday when I picked him up from school he has the same routine.  He comes zooming up to me yelling "MY TUBBY, MY TUBBY" (his cubby).  Then after we walk over to his cubby to get his stuff he reminds me to get "MY MILT, MY MILT (can't pronouce k's), so we walk over to the fridge.  I was just playing with him and pulled out someone else's cup and said "Is this your cup?"  Of course he said NO.  But then he goes, "It's _____'s cup (won't share name).  I looked and sure enough it was.  Then he started pointing and telling me who each cup belonged to.  His teacher saw him doing it and said that yes, he knows who each cup belongs to in his class.  Then, we were leaving and he looked back to his friends and said "BYE (firstname lastname)"  I was like what??  His teacher said, yep, he knows all the friends in his class' first and last names.  That child doesn't forget anything, I'm telling you.  He blows my mind sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. HEY! loved the photos! had such a great weekend with you guys! wish it was longer and also wish we had a day with all the babies...we'll have to plan something in the fall! When we got home charlie had pink eye- we were SO stinkin' tired and poor baby wasn't feeling good and kept us up all night- the joys..ha. Love yall! Kisses to Ryder for us!

    ReplyDelete