2/16/2011

Free Bird

Broke my heart when I went in Ryder's room to turn on his little heater.  He must've been freezing and covered his little self up.

Snack time at church.

He was still hungry when we got home, ran up to my cabinet where I have some fake pears and said "appa (apple), bite"

This weekend was so pretty, so Granddaddy and Nanni went with us to the park.

Lately, Ryder has become a little bit of a difficult eater.  I have been finding lots of food in his chair when I get him out... also in Peanut's mouth.

Munchin on goodies from his Vday Party at school. 

Sweet boy came into the kitchen wearing JM's watch, he said "wash" and was so proud of getting it on his arm.

Things got a little crazy after bath time last night. 
Mr. Potato Head's hat was used as his temporary diaper?

He was so excited to be "free", running all over the house, I could hardly catch him.

---------------

I must share:  A friend of mine received a Valentine’s Day card from her mom and she couldn’t resist snapping a picture of it, scanning it and sending it on to all of her friends for a good laugh. You know how the drugstores have the following card category sections: For Father, For Mother, For Husband, For Wife, For Daughter, For Son, For Granddaughter, For Grandson, the list goes on. I’ll be honest when I say I’ve never seen a category for this card:


To protect the identity of sender of this card, I will not reveal who sent this to me, but let’s just say it made my Valentine’s just a tad brighter.

-----------------

It's inching closer to Mardi Gras time, so I got a wild hair on Sunday and picked up ingredients for Jambalaya.  And not out of the box jambalaya.  This was in the crock pot and it was good.

Crock Pot Jambalaya

2 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into bite size pieces
Sausage (we just cut up some deer sausage into bite size pieces, not sure how much)
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp Oregano
½ tsp Basil
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1 14oz can cut up tomatoes
2 cups rice, cooked
Tony’s Seasoning

In the crock pot, put in the uncooked chicken and sausage and sprinkle with Tony’s, however much you desire. Add all other ingredients except rice, stir and cook on Low 4-5 hours. Add cooked rice about 30 minutes before serving. Let’s just say JM doesn’t normally do seconds on anything (I eat way more than him) and he went back for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment