8/09/2010

Eleven

The big One-One.  Eleven Months Old.  That's how old my baby is.  Tear, tear, sniff, sniff.  That's what I did this morning.  I'm seeing all these status updates and facebook pictures of people putting there little kiddies on the bus, and I'm like STOP!  It's making me so sad.  I couldn't decide between these two eleven month shots, so here are both:
 
This was taken yesterday after church, when he turned 11 months. 

This one was taken this morning.

RYDER'S 11 MONTH FACTS:

1. We are completely on real food.  No more baby food in our cabinets.  We actually ordered his first kids meal yesterday at Frog Head Grill.  A corndog kids meal with fruit.  He loved it.

2. He loves to open cabinets.  We finally put the safety contraptions on the cabinets last night, which we should have done a long time ago.

3. Every time he sees a ball, and many times any round object, he says aaaaDAHHH (for ball)

4. When he picks up the remote, he points it to the TV and then looks at us when it won't turn on.

5. He is drinking less and less of his bottle, guess he's getting ready to move on to the real milk.

6. Loves to ride in his little car.  If I turn my head for one second he's made his way where we "park" the car and he is pushing it around the house.

7. He grins so big his little eyes squint tight.  It's so cute.

8. When we ask him to give us kisses he puts his tongue on our face.

9. When he is eating and we want to know how much food is still in his mouth, we open our mouth and say "aaahhhh" and he will then look up at us, open his mouth and say "aaahhhh".

10. He still doesn't seem too interested in walking, although he will cruise all over the house. 

11. He clapped his hands for the first time a week or so ago, and has been doing it ever since.

12. He points.

13. Bathtime has turned into rapids on the reservoir.  I'm going to have to start wearing my bathing suit when I bathe him because he soaks me while I am sitting on the edge of the tub.

14. He hugged John Michael's neck this morning when he left for work and said bye bye.  He says bye bye all the time.

15. He has Albert Einstein hair when he wakes up from a nap if it's hot in his room (see photo below)

16. He is so darn cute, I cannot stand it!

Crazy Hair

Do you remember how terrible Ryder's skin looked a couple weeks ago when I posted those pictures?  Go back and read this post if you missed it.  Look at the difference his new medicine and lotion have made!  I am so happy!

Ryder and friends at church. 
Could life get any better?  I mean this is his favorite thing to do!

Speaking of church, John Michael and I finally joined our church yesterday, Pinelake Clinton.  We have been putting it off, although not intentionally.  It's mainly because they only hold Starting Point (class you take to join the church) once a quarter, and the dates haven't worked out for us in the past.  Because I grew up in the Methodist Church and I am now joining a Baptist church, I will be getting baptized!  Each year, Pinelake baptizes people at the reservoir and I want to do it there.  So, I'll be getting dunked in a couple weeks.

------------

When Ryder wakes up from his naps, he's usually zombee-like for about thirty minutes.  Especially the few times I have had to actually wake him up.  And Saturday was one of those times.  I didn't want him to be late for Isabella's 2nd birthday party, so I woke him up.  When we got to the party, he looked like this for a pretty good while.  Just staring at everyone, not smiling, and not wanting me to put him down.

Then he started warming up after the birthday girl gave him sugars.

Before I knew it, he didn't need mommy anymore.  He was having a blast!

He was sharing really good too.

This child is such a blessing to us.  Each day I am more and more thankful for him and how he has changed my life.  We've heard time and time again that the love we have for our children will never ever compare to the love Christ has for us.  And now that I actually have a child of my own, it's even more difficult to comprehend.  It is a wonderful feeling.  And even though everyone knows this verse, and we can repeat it by heart, sometimes I have to sit and really think about it.  John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

I hope everyone has a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment