7/18/2010

Happy Birthday Mama!

Happy Birthday to the best mother I could possibly imagine.


Let me just start off by saying I was not the easiest teenager to raise, I'm sure. I had an attitude like no other, and I was just plain mean sometimes.  I've told her this plenty of times, but I would take back the way I treated her for anything.  Now, we are closer than you could imagine. She is the first person I call with news, hardships or praise.

Let me tell you a few things I love about my mom and that make her stand out to me:

1. I can count on ONE hand the days I've gone without talking to her.

2. I've never heard her use a single bad word. Not even any of these words: oh crap, heck, butt, booty, shutup, dang  ... These are words that most of us use on a daily basis that we don't think twice about.
3. She raised two girls. That can't be easy. I've heard from many moms who have a boy and girl, that girls are twice as hard. I will say, I could've never imagined her with a son, he's not quite the "outdoors" type if you know her, you know what I mean.  But she is just so smitten with her four grandsons that I guess babies can change anyone!

4. She has 5 brothers and 3 sisters.  And she loves her mama to death, talks to her every single day. Sometimes she asks me, "Are you going to visit me like I visit mama when we get older?"  Well, of course.

5. She is every sense of the words GOODY GOODY!

6. She tries to stay strong for us. One of the very few times I can remember seeing her cry is the day her father died. I was only three years old, but I can remember it clearly. We were sitting on that blue couch with that ugly bird print, and I remember curling up next to her while she cried. There have been very few times since then that I've seen her cry, and I know there have been many times that she could have, but she just stood strong in front of her girls.

7. I have always said I wanted to be just like my mom when I grow up. Well, now I'm grown up, and have a child of my own, but I don't feel like I touch the greatness of my mom. That's okay though, at least I have her to look up to, and hopefully I'll get there.

8. And last, but certainly not least, I think my mom is just beautiful. I have always been proud to show her off and say she is MY MOM!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet! I hope your mom enjoyed reading that and she is lucky to have a wonderful daughter like you!

    ReplyDelete