6/19/2010

Three Years of Wedded Bliss and Happy Father's Day


I figured I better update the blog before I head out for Athens, GA tomorrow.  Last night JM said, "I don't want you to leave" and I said "only because you don't want to be alone with Ryder by yourself for 5 nights" and he said "it's half and half" and I said "what do you mean?" He said "half because I'll miss you and half because I don't want to be alone with Ryder for myself for that long."  At least he's honest.

I'm going to Chamber Institute, which is a four year program (this will be my third year).  Each year falls on our wedding anniversary and this year I'll miss spending JM's first Father's Day with him.  This makes me very sad.  So John Michael, since I can't be with you on Father's Day or our three year wedding anniversary, I'll tell you what I love about you and why you make me so happy: 
  1. It is extremely important to you to work as hard as you possibly can to provide for your family.
  2. You are smitten with Ryder.  At least once a day I hear you mutter under your breath "Gosh, I love that baby," and "Is that not the cutest baby you've ever seen?"  Seriously, at least once a day.
  3. When I ask you to get me something from the other room when we're already in bed, 95% of the time you will :)
  4. Every day when you get home from work, you and Ryder go outside to check the tomatoes and watermelon in your garden.
  5. You don't hold a grudge for more than a minute, you can get over things so easily.  I wish I was like that.
  6. You call me 100 times a day.
  7. You iron your own clothes and have never asked me to do it (not sure why).
  8. You watch chick flicks and girly shows with me, sometimes even the ones you hate.  But it's a good thing you love a few of my favorties: Kendra, Desperate Housewives, The Hills, Girls Next Door (old cast).  I won't go on in order to save you from any further humiliation.
  9. You like to cook, you like to read and you are athletic.
  10. Your hair always smells good.
  11. You are really smart and really good at math.
  12. You gave me some really great in-laws.
  13. You help out so much with household chores.
  14. You got me a second wedding band for my "push present."
  15. YOU SURPRISED ME WITH A HTC HERO YESTERDAY!!!

Of course I could carry on, but I'm getting tired, and you all are probably tired of reading this.  So I'll post some pictures of our journey along the way.

Fall 2005

Summer 2006

October 13, 2006 - Got engaged in New Orleans

June 23, 2007 - Got hitched

June 2007 - Honeymoonin' in Jamaica

July 2008 - One year anniversary trip - back to Jamaica

March 2009 - Three months pregnant in San Francisco - biked across the Golden Gate Bridge

July 2009 - Seaside, FL - We're 2 months away from having a baby!

September 8, 2009 - Our angel is here!
We have had an awesome three years together and have grown alot.  It doesn't surprise me one bit what a wonderful husband and father you are.  I knew from the first time I met you what kind of person you would be and you have exceeded my expectations.  I love you so much and can't wait to grow our family together!

---------
Ryder's got tricks
I've been wanting to get one of these for weeks now because I just knew he'd be able to walk behind one after the way he's been cruising along the couch.  I was right.  He's a scootin' machine.

We got to meet Mac!  He and Shelly came home to visit from their new home in Seattle.  He's a doll!!!
 

And while we were there, Ryder got to meet Lily the pig.
 

We had a blast last weekend celebrating Sellers' first bithday.
Sellers with his mommy Marlee, poppy and his daddy Tripp. 
 

Since it was a pool party, Ryder got to swim like a big boy.
 

Happy Father's Day to my dad, my father in-law and my step dad!!!!

Grandaddy, Ryder and Daddy
 

Papa and newborn Ryder
 

Poppy and his grandsons at Easter (pre-Tucker) 
 

2 comments:

  1. the pic of Ryder and Lilly turned out cute! Next time, he's gonna hop on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after reading this, i think i am in love with john michael too! haha that was so sweet!! -kristen

    ReplyDelete