2/08/2010

Well, we are now FIVE whole months old. We're wearing size 2 diapers and eating baby food. To be exact, we're on 3 tbs rice cereal mixed with 3 tbs applesauce for breakfast and half of a plastic container of green beans mixed with 3 tbs of rice cereal for dinner, along with the same amount of milk (every 3 hours or 3 1/2 if he can make it). Ryder's new trick is pulling his feet to his face and pulling his socks off. There hasn't been much rolling over action just yet, we're working on it though. For about a month now he's been so strong when we stand him up, it's almost like if we let go of underneath his arms, he could actually stand for a second. Each day I love him more and more, and have learned to thank God for him every chance I get. He is getting to be so much fun and it melts my heart every single time he smiles. It's so funny how you don't even realize it, but I'll find myself just sitting there staring at him while he's sleeping. I am in awe of everything he does. I've been reading a book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and I'm starting to learn his signs. One thing I've learned is that the second he rubs his eyes or yawns, I need to put him down. This has worked wonders. We used to let him get overly tired and when we'd try to put him down, it was too late. He was already so mad from being so sleepy that he would scream and scream. Now, when I see the signs, I soothe him for a couple of minutes and put him in his crib and about 90% of the time he falls right to sleep. It's so important for babies to get their sleep because it can mess up their entire day if they skip a nap. Trust me, I know it's hard to sit there and listen to him cry, but I know it's best to let him just cry it out, even if it's for 5 or 10 minutes, because he always always always falls asleep. If he doesn't fall asleep within 5 or 10 minutes, I know something is wrong. Usually it turns out he just has a really big burp when I pick him up. Then, once he gets it out and I put him down again, he falls right to sleep. He is SUCH a good baby, we are truly blessed.


Forget the spoon, I'm going all in!!!

Sorry for the mess Mommy... After getting greased up with my Aquaphor. Gotta keep that face nice and smooth.

Gooooo Saints!

Ryder's Saints gear from Nanni

No comments:

Post a Comment