2/19/2013

Rhodes is Seven Months

Rhodes is seven months old today, February 19, 2013.


  • We went to the doctor today on his 7 month birthday, so we got stats taken.  Rhodes is 18 lb 4 oz and 27.5" long.  And he also has another ear infection.
  • Wearing size 3 diapers.
  • 9-12 month pj's, 9 month clothing.
  • 2 bottom teeth but seems to be cutting more this past week.
  • Same amount of hair, really hasn't grown any since birth.
  • His eyes have recently started to change from blue to more of a green/brown.
  • Didn't get sick until 6 months old and in the past month he has had bronchiolitis and two ear infections.
  • He has a great personality, it doesn't take much to make him laugh, and I mean belly laugh.
  • Takes six 6 oz bottles a day and eats baby food 3 times a day.  At this point he's having either a container of stage 2 gerber foods or about 3 "cubes" of homemade food.
  • I have been weaning him of breast milk so most of his bottles are half formula half breast milk (I still have several weeks worth of frozen milk and then we will be done with that).
  • Just yesterday he mastered a sippy cup of juice.
  • He takes a two hour nap in the mornings and a one hour nap in the afternoons, usually 9:30-11:30 and 2:00-3:00.
  • At night he goes to sleep between 7-7:30 and wakes up anywhere from 6:30-7:30 a.m.
  • Says da da and does a lot of talking in his own language, "oohhhhhh waaaaa heeeeee"
  • He can't hold his bottle real good by himself yet, or either he's just really spoiled.

  • He rolls around all over the floor, I think we've outgrown the jungle gym.

Upon hearing the news this morning of his second ear infection in 3 weeks.


This weekend we went to Madison's 4th birthday party in Vaughan.


Then we did some t-ball practicing since we had Mr. Baseball himself in town.

Practice makes perfect.


It was a long day with no nap so we hit the road.  Ryder was not, I repeat "NOT tired and not ready to go."  30 seconds down the road :)

Can you guess who can't get enough of all this lounging around during the week?

As comfy as he looks, he doesn't get away without doing school work each day.  Last blog I mentioned that he was having a hard time writing the "e" in his name, I am proud to say that as of this week he has perfected it!

He can also write numbers 1-11 except for the 5.  The 3 is a little rough and half the time he does the 6 backwards.  But still.

 Love my snuggle bug

Me and Rhodes did a little grocery shopping while Ryder was at school.  I sure had an easy shopping buddy!

Ryder likes my glasses and has mentioned several times that he needs his glasses to see the tv.

Since Rhodes is seven months, that's about Brittany time to start thinking about a birthday party.  I just have fun looking up cute invitations and fun foods and decor.  I love having something to look forward to, so I decided start thinking about what kind of party I wanted for Rhodes' first.  As I was rocking him the other night I looked over at his nightstand and there sat Beatrix Potter's Nursery Rhyme Book and my old Peter Rabbit piggy bank that I had as a baby.  So Rhodes is going to have a Peter Rabbit birthday party.  I have to do something sweet and babyish while I can because before I know it they will be wanting all kind of crazy themes for their parties.

My grandparents gave me the book when I was one, you can see where they signed it: To Brittany, our precious granddaughter.  Love, Nana and Papa, 1985.

I love the whimsical feel of Peter Rabbit and I am excited about planning this sweet party!  And of course these two inspirations will be a part of the day.  How special!

No comments:

Post a Comment